Senior Care in Brookhaven GA
Are you having a difficult time finding the perfect gift for your elderly loved one? Unless you spend every waking minute with them, it will probably be challenging coming up with an idea that they would love. This is especially true for seniors who live in nursing homes or are receiving care from a senior care provider at home. If you are stumped on what to get your loved one, here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Plants. Is the elder an avid gardener? If so, an indoor plant may be the key to their heart, especially since they can’t do their gardening outdoors during winter. Talk to an employee at your local nursery to see which plant would be the right choice for older adults.
- Picture gift. Pictures are a simple, affordable gift that your parent will cherish for years to come. It will provide the senior with a window to past memories of good times. If you have a picture that your loved one will love, have it framed for them. You may also want to consider putting together a photo album with several pictures of moments you and your loved one never want to forget.
- A baked treat. If the elder has a sweet tooth, they may enjoy something that you baked with love in your own kitchen. Keep in mind any of their favorite goodies, along with any dietary restrictions they have.
- Homemade gifts. If you have children, their artwork would make a perfect gift. This can include a gift made at school, a poem, picture, or anything else your little ones want to give them. Whatever it is, it will most likely be the senior’s favorite gift.
- Take them out. Does your loved one enjoy going to concerts or movies? Plan a special day or evening where you get to take them somewhere they enjoy going to. They would probably also enjoy going out for a meal either before or afterwards.
- Something comfortable. The elder deserves to live comfortably, so why not provide them with a robe, slippers, blanket, or anything else that will give them this warm and cozy feeling?
- Books. Older adults who enjoy reading may want a new book or audiobook to add to their collection. If they have vision problems, most books can be purchased in large print or as a CD.
The holidays are just about here, so consider these gift ideas when shopping for your loved one.
If you or an aging family member are considering hiring senior care in Brookhaven, GA, please contact the caring staff at Caring Companions of Atlanta 470-514-5954 .
We provide quality non-medical services to our clients in their homes or in a facility if that’s where they live. Our staff is available for care plans for extensive care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week or as little as 4 hours per visit. Reach out to us, and one of our outstanding administrative staff will meet with potential clients to assist them and their families in designing an effective, personal plan of care.